Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let's Go

A friend of mine told me how her young son was frustrated one day because he couldn’t find his Bible. Recognizing it was a teachable moment, my friend asked her son, “Why do you think God gave us the Bible?”
“So we’ll always remember what He’s like,” her son replied.
A lot of wisdom there.
I decided a few years ago to start reading the Bible to find God’s heart in it. Not just to learn His principles and to be inspired by all the epic stories and amazing promises, but to see and know His heart.
I found myself sometimes saying to others, “I think God wants to show us His heart in every book of the Bible.”
It occurred to me recently that maybe I should put my money where my mouth is—to go through the Bible chapter by chapter (yes, even Leviticus) and to write about what I find in each chapter that tells me more about what God is like.
It’s going to be quite a journey. I don’t know if I’ll get through it all before Jesus comes back or I go home to heaven, but I’d love for you to go with me for as long as we can.
Chapter by chapter, piece by piece, clue by clue, putting together a more complete picture of the heart of our God.
We certainly can’t thoroughly know God. He’s way too big and we’re way too small. But this I do know: The better I see Him, the more I want to see Him.
So, I’m going looking for Him.
Wanna come with me?



1 comment:

  1. I'm coming!! I believe this will be truly awesome.

    Mamapup

    ReplyDelete